- 20 March 2017
- Group News
Please contact us if you can fill our role of Chair of the Wisbech Group: Arthur: 01945 463436 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE OF THE CHAIR
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To ensure the smooth running of the group and lead the activities of the group, to chair meetings and to act as a local representative of Diabetes UK as appropriate.
· To chair group meetings, committee meetings and Annual General Meetings.
· To work with the group committee to plan and coordinate the group’s activities.
· To ensure the group is run in accordance with the Diabetes UK Local Group Agreement.
· To approve agenda for committee meetings and the group meetings.
· Ensure the committee and group is up to date with news and developments within Diabetes UK.
· Welcome speakers and new members to group meetings.
· Ensure the correct procedures are followed at Annual General Meetings and deliver the Chair’s report.
· Ensure the group is represented by an appropriate member of the group at meetings of other organisations in the group’s local area such as patient forums of local NHS bodies.
· Act as a spokesperson or identify someone else from the group to act as a spokesperson with the local media.
- Act as a cheque signatory for the group.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Good organisational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Leadership skills and experience of running meetings.
- Ability to motivate others and involve them in the work of the group.
- Able to delegate tasks to others.
- Awareness of responsibilities to Diabetes UK under charity law.
- Becoming a member of Diabetes UK (free membership can be provided upon request once volunteer is in post)